The primary benefits of using an elastic sidechain are faster commit times, greater throughput, and lower transaction costs. The advantages of using the SKALE Network in particular include a robust security model (based on random selection and frequent rotation of validator nodes), virtualized and containerized validator nodes, variable chain sizes, expandable on-chain storage options, BLS rollups, full EVM and Web3 compatibility, and more.
You can visit the SKALE Network: Technical Highlights for a deeper dive into the benefits of the network including:
- Zero to Near-Zero Gas Fees
- Random Node Selection/Frequent Node Rotation
- Virtualized Subnodes
- Containerized Validator Nodes
- Consensus via Asynchronous Binary Byzantine Agreement (ABBA)
- BLS Rollups
- Node Monitoring
- Ethereum Interoperability.